Wednesday, August 25, 2010

yep...even more things Kylie :)

I decided to try and give Kylie a popsicle again. We have tried before, but she would get upset if it got on her and she really didn't understand how to eat it. She used to just put it to her mouth and then make a face. Now she gets it! I showed her what to do and she did it! She looked so cute eating it too!








Matt's mom was over this weekend and played with Kylie before her nap and then stayed when Kylie napped so we could get out of the house for a bit. Yay for grandmas! Kylie was very upset that she had to go down for her nap and really wanted to keep playing with grandma.


I was able to snap a few pics of them reading some books together! So cute to see Kylie climb up on her lap. Love this pic...Kylie is really concentrating. Tongue out and all :)










Kylie loves to play peek-a-boo and to hide under blankets and then pull them back to surprise or be surprised. I like how she is peeking out in this one.






Trying to uncover her dada...she sometimes calls him daddy now...comes out like da-ey.







Peeking again!







The other day we were getting ready to go to Kindermusik and I was trying to get Kylie to come and brush her teeth, and this is what I found. All dressed up and ready to hit the town! You will see she is pointing to herself, because she likes to see pics of her on the camera. Sometimes the only way I can get her picture is to tell her that I will show her all the pics of her...doesn't always work, but it is a shot.







I love how this one came out too!





I was realizing that it seems like forever since I really organized some play/therapy things with Kylie, so I decided to pull out the plastic tablecloth and a bowl of rice. Before I have given her more little bowls and a small cup to dump it back and forth, but this time I gave her a little spoon and also encouraged her to use her hands. Having her use the spoon was really good practice for her scooping with the spoon and trying to keep it steady, so as not to spill so much.







Do you see the grains of rice flying through the air and Kylie beginning to close her eyes as they start to fall down on her. She had rice everywhere! I never let her get this crazy with it, but she wasn't hurting anything and she likes to use the broom, so it was good to watch her have so much fun with it.







Note the couple grains of rice in her hair. She had some in her diaper too :)









Over the weekend I was trying to think of a snack to for us all to eat, and I thought of popcorn. I realized I had never given Kylie any before and she loves the Funky Mama song about popcorn, so I figured it would be a hit. I was right she loved it!




With that said, I decide to make her and I some the other day. I got these cute pics of her eating some popcorn while laying on the floor. She just looked so cute laying on her belly...I had to take pics of it :)










And apparently I was eating too much, or she realized she didn't want to share anymore, so she picked up the bowl and went over near the corner and sat down to eat it....by herself.






Kylie loves it when we build any sort of little forts for her, and Matt loves to build them for himself...umm, I mean for Kylie :)



Here are pics inside the most recent fort Matt built using the couch cushions and some blankets. I must note that Kylie took a bunch of book inside of it and some legos. She also insisted that Matt and I join her and play...not easy to do when you are a grown-up.




Cook...gook (Kylie says gook for cook and will sign cook)

In addition to these things, I have been letting Kylie help me bake and cook more. She will help dump things into a bowl and hold the mixer or stir something. She really likes helping out and being a part of whatever she can. I will admit, it can make things take longer but I really do love my little helper!


Where's Kylie

We got Kylie one of those backpack leashes, but haven't used it yet. Matt says he will never use it, but I like Kylie to stay as close to us as she can. Lately she has been getting it out and wanting to wear the backpack...she even says backpack and it is pretty cute too. After our visit to storytime at Barnes & Noble today, I think I am ready to put that leash to use....she kept running away and making me chase her...not so fun after the um-teenth time.


Medical Stuff

Oh, I checked with the neuro working on the IS study we have Kylie enrolled in, and her sample is not yet complete, but we should know something around October or so. They are doing lots of genetic testing, and took our samples as well to run, so we are anxious for those results too.


I emailed Kylie's neuro last night, because the head movements (motor stereotypies) have increased. They essentially went away, but last Monday they reappeared and I feel like I am seeing them a lot more. The first time I saw it was last Monday first thing in the morning, and she lost her balance and fell down, and of course that scared me.


I just wondered if it is common for them to subside and then come back or what the deal was. He replied and said they can fluctuate and it is unclear as to why this happens. So good news that it isn't abnormal, but bad because they don't know why or what it means. Can we just get a clear answer just once.

1 comment:

The Berg Family said...

I love the pictures where she is dressing up! So cute!!!

 

Miniature Stump Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez