Saturday, August 28, 2010

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Guest post by Matt a.k.a. Dadda.


Most of you that read this blog know that I love to fish. I sneak out whenever I can to try and catch something - usually that's a few little bass from one of the little ponds or community lakes that are scattered around the area. I've got a few spots that aren't more than 15 minutes from the house, so it's pretty convenient if nothing else.


I'm not sure why, but after I got home on Wednesday I thought it would be a good idea to take Kylie fishing. She had gone out with me in the past, but always to play, never to actually fish. I figured she's getting old enough to have enough of an attention span to last at least a few minutes! She's just 21-months old, so I wasn't expecting much. I was just hoping she'd have fun and that we'd catch something.






So we grabbed Kylie's Barbie fishing rod (thanks to Grandpa Bieganowski!), a little tackle box, and the camera bag. I didn't even bring a rod of my own, which is a big step for me!


We drove over to a little park with a pond and walked down to the water's edge. I got her all set to go, while Mom manned the camera and camcorder. More on that in a bit.





I pitched her bobber/worm combo out, handed her the rod, and...






...she absolutely lit up!










She was super-duper-excited to be fishing!



The question on everyone's mind here is "well, did she catch anything?"




Of course she did! Her awesome guide put her on a big school of fish, so it was tough not to! She managed two absolutely GIANT Green Sunfish. The first two pictures are of her FIRST FISH EVER!!!













And the second fish of her life:







She appeared to be a little upset that the fish were out of the water. She was motioning for me to put them back, and saying "wa" (water) when we hoisted our giant catches out of the water. So after a couple snaps of the camera and a few pokes by Kylie (see above picture ), the fish were returned to happily swim with friends.








She did amazing (we say that a lot) and hung out for a good 15 to 20 minutes before wanting to go walk around the lake and play at the playground. She didn't really get the whole "reeling" part, but she'd watch the bobber and wave the rod around. Good enough for her first trip!





So after she lost interest, we walked around the pond and played for a while before walking back around to where Momma was reading her book. After a few more minutes fishing there, and no more fish, it was time to go.






I was very surprised she lasted as long as she did, but she continually surprises us, so that's nothing new. I'm not sure why we're still surprised by things like this!


With my passion for fishing, this will be just the first of many future trips my little fishing buddy and I will make. Here's some video of the trip:



No comments:

 

Miniature Stump Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez