Wednesday, September 1, 2010

lately

So, I'm still trying to juggle what goes on which blog, but I think this post will go here :)




So on Monday, I had Kylie's therapist join us at Kindermusik to see how she is/isn't handling things there. Kylie was more interested in getting the instruments or toys when prompted to do so, and more inclined to put them away. Prior to this she had been screaming and not wanting to get them or put them away, and I had to do it with her fussing as she was attached to me. I still had to be close to her while she tried, but that is better.




She still had a hard time going along with what was going on in the class. I did notice it was a lot more noisy in there than usual, so I think that played a big part in her being so uncomfortable. She really was upset when we started with the bells...it hadn't bothered her the last couple of times, but it was very stressful for her this week.




I know one of her sensory issues is auditory, but it's kinda hard to keep her away from noise, especially when we are trying to expose her to more social interactions with kiddos....well, that and the fact that it doesn't always bother her.




She kept saying away, and I think it was because it was too much for her....made me really sad. It seemed like there was a lot of time that she was running away from what was going on more than she participated....more sad momma.




I talked with our therapist for a little while after class and she thought Kylie did great coping with everything, but I saw it as her running away and not being a part of things. I know that is a way of coping for her and it is great that she is doing what comforts her, but it also keeps her from doing things and learning to be around other kids and allow herself to enjoy it.


Our therapist also mentioned that she may have seen Kylie do some questionable hand stuff, that definitely freaked me out. Needless to say I was in a bit of a rut the last couple of days. It's hard sometimes to think that other things may happen, when Kylie has done so well and amazed us all. I don't think anything new could ever be easy or expected...even if it is expected...just not something you want to see or hear.


I mentioned to our therapist about whether or not we should continue Kindermusik, and she said it is great for her and to keep doing it. I just feel like it is a lot right now, and I'm not sure how much longer I can play the strong momma.



I just wish a change in routine and new things weren't so hard for her. She is so sweet and cute, and feisty, and I want her to be happy and healthy and safe....always.



It got a bit cooler in the evenings last week, and we thought we would try giving her a little blanket in her crib. She screamed and was yelling away. It didn't belong there, so she couldn't have it with her...made me sad. I wonder what will happen when the day comes for her to sleep in a big girl bed. I know it is only a matter of time until she tries climbing out of her crib...she is getting practice trying to climb out of the booth when we go out to eat....our little monkey :)



We went out to AB to eat tonight and Kylie was just hopping away in the booth, so we told her that if she sat down she would get some ice cream. She was excited and sat down :) She can listen pretty well when she wants to...unless we are in the mall and she wants to take off... (more on that later). When it came out she was so stressed she let out a huge scream and just couldn't do it....my poor baby.



So more on the escaping child. Today we had a playdate at the mall...they have storytime at the Barnes & Noble there. Anyhow, last week she ran off just a couple times, and this week she was constantly running away from me. I was thinking to bring her leash with me and just totally forgot. After today, I will never forget it again. I couldn't count how many times I chased after her.



I told our friend that the next playdate would have to be at our house, so I have less running to do :) I have yet to use the leash, but I'm ready to break it in. She likes wearing the little backpack part of it, so there is a start.







Oh, another thing we have been doing is sitting on the potty. We read lots of books, and whenever Kylie gets I up I tell her that I am going to put her diaper back on. She then says no, and sits back down :) She has yet to do anything, but I know when she does she will be excited and I'm sure my cheer of joy will scare her so much that she won't want to do it again..lol.

No comments:

 

Miniature Stump Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez