Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yackety Yack

Yay! Kylie has a couple more words!!! For one, I know I posted that she said mama just a couple days before Easter. It was this past Thursday, April 8th that she said it again. I was getting her out of her crib in the morning and she took her paci out and said mama! Of course, I then squeeze her and tell her how much I love hearing her say mama.

Oh, I don't think I mentioned this before, but on Wednesday, March 18th, Kylie was saying ba every time we would go in the garage to go outside. You see, we have a tub with balls in it, and she knows that's where they are and loves to throw them all out of it. Since she started making the ba sound so much, we were trying to reinforce it by stressing other things with that same sound. She will say ba when she signs for her bubba, and when she sees a little boat that we have on the wall. Also, so loves bubbles and we have a container of them downstairs and she will point to them and say ba for her bubbles.

I am not certain what day she said this next word, it was around the beginning of the week. Okay, so we have this new book for Kylie. Felicia (Matt's boss) got it for Kylie and it is felt and has little animals and things to stick to the pages. Super cute. On the last page of the book is an owl in the tree. She pointed to it and I told her it was an owl and that it goes hooo, hooo. She then goes ooow. When I ask her what an owl says she just looks at me like I'm nuts, so I make the sound first and then she does.

So now for the latest words she has. I took her to the doctor on Thursday, April 8th for some little bumps on her ears...come to find out it was sunburn. I felt so bad, because I know I put sunscreen on her ears when she is outside, but I guess I need to put more on. Anyhow, while we were in the waiting room she was waving to the other kids and parents. I told her to tell them hi, and she said yi. It was too cute! Sometimes it comes out like yi and other times it is more like i. She usually says it pretty softly and then turns up the volume.

Now the more exciting word that she said just yesterday. She said dada, but it comes out more like dih dih. The more she says it the more clear it gets, but it is super cute to hear her little voice. Matt was definitely excited to hear her call him dada..I mean dih dih.

So let's see she says up, ba (for ball, bubbles, boat, and bubba), mama, owl, hi, dada.

This is just so much fun hearing her talk and seeing the excitement on her face when she gets it right and then when we know what she is saying. We need to work on getting her little voice on video, and we will be sure to post them once we get them.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Awwww. I love little baby voices! Especially miracle baby voices! :)

...danielle

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Before you know it, the list will be so long that you won't be able to keep up :)

MJStump said...

I can't wait for that long list of words! Right now I feel like we can't keep up with all the signs...she is always amazing us!

 

Miniature Stump Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez