Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ohio trip

So towards the end of November we took a very last minute trip to Ohio. So last minute, that I booked the tickets on Friday night and we left Saturday morning.





Anyhow, we did not take our camera with us, but we were able to get a few pics on my mom's camera.





Kylie got ahold of this hat and had a good time wearing it, and then telling everyone else that they needed to wear it too!












I had made dinner for all of us one night, and here is a pic at Papa Joe and Grandma Karen watching Kylie eat. I just think it is so cute that they are both admiring how very awesome their granddaughter is!








Kylie was giving Papa Joe a hug before he went off to work one day.






Just another pic of Kylie being uber cute!






All 3 of us took turns with the flu just a couple days after we got to Ohio. Kylie had it first and was up vomiting off and on for 5 hours....it was just so sad and terrible to see her go through that. Matt got it a day or two later, and then I did the following day. The good thing was that we all didn't have it at the same time.


My Aunt Rose from Hawaii came in town a few days after we did, and we were able to meet up with her and a few other family members.


Below is a pic of Kylie meeting her 2nd cousin, Zoe, for the first time. Kylie's Great Aunt Rose, brought both girls gifts that they really enjoyed! I think it also helped distract Kylie from being uncomfortable around new people. (All pics are courtesy of my Aunt Rose...thanks again, especially since we didn't have our camera!)




This is a cute pic that was snapped of Matt and I.





The pic below is a pic of some of the cousins. Me, my sister, my brother, and my cousin.






Here is a cute pic of Kylie giving Zoe a hug goodbye.



Kylie really did a great job with being around some new people. We were really proud of her. Though it was enough that she didn't want to eat the yummy pizza that my sister had, and that my Aunt brought too. Kylie did let us know when she ready to go home. She kept saying home, and then walked to the door and opened it and walked out.



So yes, she makes her needs quite obvious :) But that is a good thing...no, a great thing! Kylie's therapists have always said that she has great coping skills and she certainly does. She knows when her box gets full, and just needs to get away before we reach the point of no return. So, way to go Kylie :)


I think it was the day before we left to come back home, when my Aunt Rose and Uncle Chuck stopped by my parents to visit them for a bit, and spend more time with Kylie. Once again, Kylie was awesome and did great....the donuts they brought didn't hurt either :) They were yummy too!



Here is a pic of the 3 of us with my Aunt and Uncle. Yes, Kylie has her paci and snuggie...we snapped the pic just before we put her down for her nap.

All and all, it was a pretty good trip. Kinda hard with each of us getting sick on different days, but it was nice to escape life at home...all the cooking, and cleaning, and just mundane things. I know my family really enjoyed the time they had with Kylie, and it was nice that we were able to take it easy and just be away for a bit.

No comments:

 

Miniature Stump Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez