Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Purple Power Bowling!

Below is a picture Matt had snapped the day Kylie was diagnosed with IS.  I'm not sure, but I think it was right before we got the actual diagnosis.  At any rate, our lives were forever changed, and the color purple came to mean so much more for our family.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So we started the Purple Day celebration a bit early.  Kylie and I went to the mall, and they just so happened to have 2 slices of this yummy cookie cake left.  Since it was purple with some sparkly sprinkles, we knew it was meant for us!
 



Below are pictures that I was tagged in from some of my FB friends.  Love all the purpleness from our friends near and far!















 
 
 
 
When I arrived to pick Kylie up from school on Purple Day, some of our friends greeted us there to give each of us one of these:
 
 
 
 
 
Our friends were wearing some purple, and had a family member make Kylie and I matching rings and necklaces.  Such a thoughtful gesture, and we absolutely love wearing them! 
 
 
Miss Purple herself, was not about any pictures, but it is kinda cute to see that forced smile too :)
 
 
 
 

Love this one of her looking at her ring...just precious!
 

 
 
 
She was totally over having me take her picture so she laid down in hopes of me stopping...nope :)

 
 
 
We had two purple days, since Kylie attends two schools.  It also happens to be that her class was having a field trip to the bowling alley on Purple Day #2 for us.
 
 
 
Here is a pic of one of her friends from class wearing purple for Kylie!
 



I was so touched pretty much all the kids wore purple for Kylie and their moms did too!  It's such a heartwarming moment to see so many people supporting your child and family. 



Below you can see her getting on her shoes and getting ready to bowl!
 



Loving the friendships and purpleness!
 





We just love her friend here, and isn't he the cutest little man in purple!
 

 




I don't know if you all remember Kylie's bowling experience from last year, but it was tough on all of us.  She remembers everything, and was telling me about how last year was for her.  I acted surprised, and didn't bring much attention to it.  I just didn't want to put any pressure on her for this year's field trip.

This year was a new year for Kylie...she was so excited, and had no trouble at all.  She bowled by herself, had fun, smiled, and did lots of cheering for her friends!  It was such a victory for her and us.  It just reminds us how far she has come, and we couldn't be more proud!






Snack time is everyones favorite time! 
 



I tried to get a pic of Kylie and her teacher, and she was so hyped up from the day that she was not about to stop from being silly.  So silly she was, and always making us smile!

 
 
 
This wasn't the best one of the two of us together, but there is something about her sweet, and beautiful face that I could stare at forever.  Love this girl more than words can say!
 




This was just one to show my purple hair.  Kind of tough to get it in the light just right, but Kylie thought it was fun for her momma to have purple hair.





Yay, we got a good shot!
 




We went out to eat, with Kylie choosing where to go...and she was trying to tell Matt something.  Apparently she wanted his fully attention, and this is how she managed to do that...





Since Matt is rarely wanting his pic taken, I managed to get this one of them hand in hand. 
 




I really do love my ring and necklace, and they speak more to my heart than most could understand.  Hope is what we need to help us get through it all, and lots of faith that no matter what happens we can do this through Him.


No comments:

 

Miniature Stump Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez