Monday, October 6, 2008

4 Weeks to Go...

As of today, we just have 4 more weeks until our little girl will be here! I was kind of hoping that after my OB apptmt today that I would have some extra special news, but to my dismay that did not happen :( Matt was at my apptmt with me and he asked the doctor what the chances were of her inducing on Halloween, and well, she said she couldn't do it. Apparently inducing before 39 wks can fall under some sort of malpractice deal, and the sad part of it all is that I will only be 3 days away from being 39 wks along...so close!!

So why do I want our little girl here on Halloween? I moved out here on Halloween, and then the first time I met my husband was on Halloween, so I just thought it fitting that our daughter arrive on that day as well. Who knows, nature just may take its course that day anyhow. I guess I just need to sit back and be patient, and not dwell on the fact that no chocolates or anything else can be used to sway my doctor into inducing.

Other updates:
Twice a week I am scheduled to have nonstress tests, as protocol for my gestational diabetes. Well that is where I have learned that I am having contractions. To think all this time I thought that feeling was due to the baby being positioned a certain way, but nope, that tightness is the Braxton Hicks contractions. Who knew..lol surely not me.

As of last night I now have Fred Flinstone feet. I noticed that my feet and ankles are swollen and they look kinda gross. Yes, I know it is part of pregnancy, but I was kind of hoping that I would miss out on it, especially since I have gotten some of the other effects of pregnancy. Oh well, we are almost there ;)

No comments:

 

Miniature Stump Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez